[mou] Hooded Warbler - Dakota County - Lebanon Hills; Holland Lake entrance

Richard J Specht rjspecht@juno.com
Fri, 27 May 2005 18:16:22 -0500

Around 5:00pm this evening, Jeanne and I watched a singing Hooded Warbler
and a singing Wood Thrush, across the trail from each other.  We were
birding along the Holland Lake area of Lebanon Hills Park.

If you park in the Holland Lake parking lot, there is a black mail box
with 2005 summer trail maps.  Using the map, follow the main trail south
and turn right (west) at the second intersection (the trail marked 0.53
miles in length). If you follow the trail around the lake it starts
bending to the southwest.  We put parallel marks across the trail at the
spot where the birds were found.

Rick Specht