[mou] Rock Wren relocated - Taconite Harbor, Cook Co.

Jim Lind jslind@frontiernet.net
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:32:13 -0500

This evening I relocated the Rock Wren reported by Deb and Steve
Falkowski yesterday at the Taconite Harbor boat launch.  I first saw
it at about the 4:15 pm at the base of the boulder breakwall on the
west side of the boat launch.  I had already walked half way out on
the breakwall when I heard it call near shore.  It bounced around on
the rocks and then flew east to the boulders directly of the boat
launch and disappeared.

I searched the area for the next 45 minutes but was unable to find it
again.  It was overcast, windy, and raining pretty hard, with snow
mixed in, so walking on the boulders was a little tricky and I wasn't
able to get any pictures.  Hopefully the bird sticks around for a
while.

There was also a lone Surf Scoter in the harbor.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors