[mou] Blooper Stories

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:40:13 -0500

Each of the 23 "blooper" stories has been well worth reading (insert
multiple chuckles here).  What do we mistake for birds?

* Decoys & plastic images
* Man made objects that are similar in shape (love the saucepan story)
* Birders with tapes
* Natural structures that are similar (including large droppings)
* Mammals that sound or look like birds

Not to mention the mis-speaking category (most common, "penguin" for
"pelican").

Winner might be mistaking a birder for a moose, although we might have to
create a separate category for this entry.

Certainly there are more stories out there, particularly from either the
more shy or well-known among us?

Good birding!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN