[mou] Re: [mnbird] Metro Birding

Shelley Steva crossbill7200@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:26:54 -0700 (PDT)

 Whenever we see  many dickcissels in NW MN, it seems
to be because the weather is dry.  They seem to show
up when we have lower than average rainfall. The last
time there were many dickcissels was back in 1988.
Many of you must remember that summer; it was very hot
and extremely dry. And up in NW MN there were
dickcissels in every county I drove through- including
Roseau and Lake of the Woods Counties.
  So I would have to say that the amount of moisture
that we are having seems to have something to do with
the number of dickcissels that we can find in this
area.
Shelley Steva
Pennington Co.