[mou] Female cardinal in Ely

Steve Foss stfcatfish@yahoo.com
Tue, 30 May 2006 14:50:28 -0700 (PDT)

Not sure just how rare it is to see cardinals around Ely. I
know they've been slowly expanding north, and are not
unusual in Duluth. I had a female at my feeder for about
two hours early in the evening on Thursday, May 25. We have
a very cardinalish yard, with lilac hedge on two sides,
quite a few trees and thickets of young maple, elderberry,
honeysuckle and other shrubbery giving way to woods in the
back. That being said, I haven't seen her since, nor have I
seen or heard a male.