[mou] Gilman, Foley Ponds, Horicon Marsh

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Wed, 31 May 2006 10:23:30 -0500

Pursuant to Herb Dingmann's weekend post, checked Foley & Gilman Ponds this
morning.  The Willet was still present at Gilman, but the Red-necked
Phalarope was missing from both of Foley's (surprisingly full) ponds.

Traveled to WI over the weekend to move my oldest son - Nathan and I spent
Sunday evening at Horicon Marsh.  Enjoyed Least & American Bitterns,
Black-crowned Night Herons, Henslow's Sparrows and various commoners -
although the marsh overall is much "slower" than normal with elevated water
levels.

("Slower" did include Glossy Ibis and BN Stilt in recent weeks.)

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties