[mou] NW MN Gray Jay(s)

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21@hotmail.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:30:12 -0500

I figured I'd pass on a little on information from the North Dakota birding
listserve. Earlier there has been a noted migration of Gray Jays along the
North Shore, and in the past week, several Gray Jays have turned up in
northeastern North Dakota. There have been 6 reports of Gray Jays in Grand
Forks County ND this fall, some right along the Red River and in Grand Forks
itself. As of yet, I don't think any have been found on the Minnesota side
of the river in Grand Forks. Also, last night Bob O'Connor of Moorhead
received a call from a homeowner living about 2 miles west of Buffalo River
State Park in Clay County, MN, saying a Gray Jay had visited her feeder. If
confirmed, I believe this will be a 2nd Clay County record. If you're in
northwestern Minnesota this fall, keep an eye open for wandering Gray Jays!
It seems this could be a good year for them.

Ben Fritchman

P.S. If anyone sees(or doesn't see) the Blue Earth Co. Pomarine today,
please post....I may head down there tomorrow.......

Microsoft Office Live