[mou] Pomarine not found

Chris Benson Chris Benson" <chrisb@fullcircleimage.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:05:40 -0500

Reading Chad's comment about the Barn Swallows
makes me think it's about the time of year
when we should be out looking for
a first state record Cave Swallow.

Chris Benson

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chad Heins" <odunamis@yahoo.com>
To: "MOU" <mou-net@cbs.umn.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:54 PM
Subject: [mou] Pomarine not found

Hey birders!

Ben Inniger and I looked for the Pomarine Jaeger this morning around 8am.
No such bird was found.  We were there only 15 minutes or so, but two other
birders had been scanning for awhile already and had the same result.  We
did see a couple of Wilson's Snipe and a variety of sparrows and blackbirds.

We also visited Cobb River WPA in southeastern Blue Earth County and found
some other shorebirds: Greater Yellowlegs, Killdeer, Wilson's Snipe,
Pectoral Sandpiper, and Semipalmated Sandpiper.  A flock of 6 very subdued
Barn Swallows was also there hawking insects over the water.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato, MN