[mou] Mountain Bluebird ~ St. Louis County

Conny Brunell connybrunell@earthlink.net
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:41:32 -0500

------=_NextPart_29001111922467194132890

 The female Mountain Bluebird found by Don Kienholz on 10/17/06 at Bayfront Park in Duluth, St. Louis County was still present this morning.   I drove into the parking lot behind the pavilion 7th Ave West and Railroad Street at 8:30 am and the first bird I saw was a
Northern Shrike working the edge trees chasing after everything that moved.  My heart skipped a few beats hopeful that the Mountain Bluebird would still be around with the enforcer patroling with a no mercy attitude.  I tried the next lot closer to the Cement Plant off 8th Ave West and Railroad Street following the Shrike checking everywhere.  Upon returning to the 7th Ave lot I found the
Mountain Bluebird sitting on a wire, and she flew right in front of my car and landed in some puddles next to a row of planters for a drink.  After a few minutes a big semi came into the lot making a lot of noise and scared the bird off across the fence over a channel of water towards the Cement Factory.  When I could not find it again I took off for Park Point and returned at 10:45 to find the bird on the same wire at the driveway entrance.  This time the bird circled all around the lot perching in the trees along the edges, on rocks, and wires for another 5 minutes then the Northern Shrike made another appearance, and the Mountain Bluebird disappeared again.  I waited around for 15 minutes watching a large flock of Lapland Longspurs, Snow Buntings, and Horned Larks swirl around in and out and land closeby in the lot, but did not see the Bluebird again.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Co.
------=_NextPart_29001111922467194132890

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2963" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>&nbsp;The female Mountain Bluebird found by Don Kienholz on 10/17/06 at Bayfront Park in Duluth, St. Louis County was still present this morning.&nbsp;&nbsp; I drove into the parking lot behind the pavilion 7th Ave West and Railroad Street at 8:30 am and the first bird I saw was a</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Northern Shrike working the edge trees chasing after everything that moved.&nbsp; My heart skipped a few beats hopeful that the Mountain Bluebird would still be around with the enforcer patroling with a no mercy attitude.&nbsp; I tried the next lot closer to the Cement Plant off 8th Ave West and Railroad Street following the Shrike checking everywhere.&nbsp; Upon returning to the 7th Ave lot I found the </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Mountain Bluebird sitting on a wire, and she flew right in front of my car and landed in some puddles next to a row of planters for a drink.&nbsp; After a few minutes a big semi came into the lot making a lot of noise and scared the bird off across the fence over a channel of water towards the Cement Factory.&nbsp; When I could not find it again I took off for Park Point and returned at 10:45 to find the bird on the same wire at the driveway entrance.&nbsp; This time the bird circled all around the lot perching in the trees along the edges, on rocks, and wires for another 5 minutes then the Northern Shrike made another appearance, and the Mountain Bluebird disappeared again.&nbsp; I waited around for 15 minutes watching&nbsp;a large flock of Lapland Longspurs, Snow Buntings, and Horned Larks swirl around in and out and land closeby in the lot, but did not see the Bluebird again.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Conny Brunell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Richfield, Hennepin Co.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_29001111922467194132890--