[mou] Mille Lacs yesterday

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Sun, 7 Jan 2007 12:49:09 -0600

Drove northern Mille Lacs County a bit yesterday.  In an otherwise quiet
morning, 11 Pine Grosbeaks (just off CR 142), three Common Ravens (northern
Mille Lacs WMA), and a shockingly white Rock Dove (along CR 35, near the
closed resort) kept me conscious.  How I longed to keep heading north to a
certain logging road!

The staff at Father Hennepin reported a Snowy Owl throughout the day Friday
(along the main road at the Group Camp entrance), but I was unable to
relocate it.  Neither could I find the Goshawk that has been haunting the
WMA just south of 23.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN