[mou] ASP Townsend's Solitaire Refound

runbic runbic@comcast.net
Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:02:52 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C7326C.E73670F0

Located the TS about 12:30 PM today (Sunday). It was perched in some =
scrub deciduous trees across a pine plantation.  This is the same area =
as in previous reports.  If you hike down to the beach area, you will =
come to a junction of 4 roads and 1 trail. Take the road to the left =
that has the do not enter sign,  Follow this road to the top of the =
hill. Note: just before you start to climb the hill there will be a road =
that comes in from the left (south).  At the top of the hill, there is a =
spur road off to the left (west).  Also, there is a bench in the NW =
corner of this junction. The TS was  50 to 100 feet north (straight =
ahead) of this junction on the main road.  The scrub trees will be on =
your right (east side).  The pine plantation will be on your left (west =
side). The TS was about 15 feet above the ground.  It was extremely =
cooperative.  Now, if I have you confused, there is a map in the window =
of the park office. The general area is marked with a red line and the =
spot where the TS was seen is marked with an x.  If you see the TS or =
any other unusual bird, let the park office know so locations can be =
posted on the map.

I also checked several pine plantations on the north end of the park for =
woodpecker bark stripping activity. I did not find any.

Jim Gay
Woodbury=20

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C7326C.E73670F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Located the TS about 12:30 PM today =
(Sunday). It=20
was perched in some scrub deciduous trees across&nbsp;a pine =
plantation.&nbsp;=20
This is the same area as in previous reports.&nbsp; If you hike down to =
the=20
beach area, you will come to a junction of&nbsp;4 roads and&nbsp;1 =
trail. Take=20
the road to the left that has the do not enter sign,&nbsp; Follow this =
road to=20
the top of the hill.&nbsp;Note: just before you start to climb the hill =
there=20
will be a road that comes in from the left (south).&nbsp; At the top of =
the=20
hill, there is a spur road off to the left (west).&nbsp; Also, there is =
a=20
bench&nbsp;in the NW corner of this junction. The TS was&nbsp; 50 to 100 =
feet=20
north (straight ahead)&nbsp;of this junction on the main road.&nbsp; The =
scrub=20
trees will be on your right (east side).&nbsp; The pine plantation will =
be on=20
your left (west side).&nbsp;The TS was about 15 feet above the =
ground.&nbsp; It=20
was extremely cooperative.&nbsp; Now, if&nbsp;I have you confused, there =
is a=20
map in the window of the park office. The general area is marked with a =
red line=20
and the spot where the TS was seen is marked with an x.&nbsp; If you see =
the TS=20
or any other unusual bird, let the park office know so locations can be =
posted=20
on the map.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I also checked several pine plantations =
on the=20
north end of the park for woodpecker bark stripping activity. I did not =
find=20
any.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jim Gay</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Woodbury</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C7326C.E73670F0--