[mou] Lapland Longspurs in Washington Cty

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:26:17 EST

--part1_c5e.c2f503d.32dd75a9_boundary

     I   encountered two good-sized flocks of Lapland Longspurs in southern
Washington County 1/15 at about 3:00.   The 1st flock of over 100 individuals
was on 100th St., just west of the intersection with Lehigh (west of Manning).
 The other was on Neal, just south of 60th.   Horned Larks have come to the
roads in good numbers.
     I also stopped at Pt. Douglas Park, where the Slaty-backed Gull was
lounging on the WI side.   Also present, that I saw were 1 adult and 1 first-year
Glaucous Gulls, both in MN.   And finally, the Long-tailed Duck took a break
from constant diving to allow some decent looks at   her as she drifted on the
MN side.
Linda Sparling
Hennepin Cty.

--part1_c5e.c2f503d.32dd75a9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I&nbsp;  encou=
ntered two good-sized flocks of Lapland Longspurs in southern Washington Cou=
nty 1/15 at about 3:00.&nbsp;  The 1st flock of over 100 individuals was on=20=
100th St., just west of the intersection with Lehigh (west of Manning).&nbsp=
;  The other was on Neal, just south of 60th.&nbsp;  Horned Larks have come=20=
to the roads in good numbers.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I also stopped at Pt. Douglas Park, where the Slaty=
-backed Gull was lounging on the WI side.&nbsp;  Also present, that I saw we=
re 1 adult and 1 first-year Glaucous Gulls, both in MN.&nbsp;  And finally,=20=
the Long-tailed Duck took a break from constant diving to allow some decent=20=
looks at&nbsp;  her as she drifted on the MN side.<BR>
Linda Sparling<BR>
Hennepin Cty.</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSE=
RIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_c5e.c2f503d.32dd75a9_boundary--