[mou] banding project

dan&erika danerika@gmail.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:54:00 -0600

------=_Part_53935_1966256.1170197640056

Hi all--

What a fascinating experience it has been to share my banding project and
get so many responses!  Thanks to all!  It has been very interesting to use
e-mail to share these ideas.  Tom Bell asked a very interesting question,
which was "Why use maps at all?"  The data in tabular form may convey a more
detailed review of the data.  I could then summarize the relative overall
numbers of each species that go to each state.  (I could connect MN with a
large arrow to a state with lots of recoveries and use smaller arrows for
fewer recoveries for another state.  Readers interested in the specifics of
the data could go to the tables.

Well, I will keep plugging away.  My estimate is that I have 100 files of
300 pages of data to go through.  So I won't be going anywhere all that
fast.

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Around the Bend Birding Tours

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau

------=_Part_53935_1966256.1170197640056

Hi all--<br><br>What a fascinating experience it has been to share my banding project and get so many responses!&nbsp; Thanks to all!&nbsp; It has been very interesting to use e-mail to share these ideas.&nbsp; Tom Bell asked a very interesting question, which was &quot;Why use maps at all?&quot;&nbsp; The data in tabular form may convey a more detailed review of the data.&nbsp; I could then summarize the relative overall numbers of each species that go to each state.&nbsp; (I could connect MN with a large arrow to a state with lots of recoveries and use smaller arrows for fewer recoveries for another state.&nbsp; Readers interested in the specifics of the data could go to the tables.

------=_Part_53935_1966256.1170197640056--