[mou] Southwest Minnesota Prairie Birding Fest

Lisa Gelvin-Innvaer Lisa.Gelvin-Innvaer@dnr.state.mn.us
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:25:46 -0500

I'm forwarding this announcement on behalf of the Luverne Area Chamber of =
Commerce.
Please direct all queries to Dave Smith luvernechamb@iw.net or
by calling the Chamber 888-283-4061.
Thanks
--Lisa Gelvin-Innvaer

>>> "Dave" <luvernechamb@iw.net> 3/27/2007 11:46 AM >>>
Please join us for the first Southwest Minnesota Prairie Birding Fest

DATE: April 20-21, 2007

LOCATION: Luverne, Minnesota

We will be featuring the prairie birds of our area with birding
opportunities at Blue Mounds State Park and the new Touch the Sky Prairie.
Blue Mounds is noted for its birds because there are varieties of both
eastern and western flyways that come through the park.  The Touch the Sky
Prairie is a project with US Fish & Wildlife that is turning 808 acres =
back
to native prairie.

Our featured speaker will be Carroll Henderson, Minnesota DNR, and noted
bird authority.  He will be making presentations on Friday evening and
Saturday.  In addition, there will be presentations for beginners as well =
as
seasoned birders.  If you are one of the latter (seasoned) you are welcome
to come and help us beginners learn more about the hobby. =20

For more information or a copy of the registration form, please
 contact the Luverne Area Chamber of  Commerce at (toll free)
888-283-4061.

Feel free to forward this to anyone you feel may be interested

Dave Smith
Executive Director
Luverne Area Chamber of Commerce